The Ministry of Interior, besides from the provisions set forth in the Political Constitution and in article 59 of Act 489 of 1998, shall comply with the following responsabilities:
The Ministry of Interior,besides from the provisions set forth in the Political Constitution and in article 59 of Act 489 of 1998, shall comply with the following responsabilities:
- To articulate the formulation, adoption, execution and evaluation of the public policy of the Interior Administrative Sector.
- To design and implement, pursuant to the Law, the public policies for the protection, promotion, respect and guarantee of Human rights, together with the other competent State entities, as well as the public policies for preventing the infringement thereof and the compliance of the Humanitarian International Right, with an integral, social and differential approach.
- To serve as liaison and coordinator of state entities in their relation with territorial entities and to promote the State integration with the territory and the territorial development through the deepening of the decentralization, territorial planning and autonomy, and the coordination and standardization of agendas of the different administrative sectors, within their competence, to achieve this objective.
- To design, together with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of National Defense, the National Planning Department and the Administrative Department of the Civil Service and other competent entities, the public policy for strengthening and developing the Government capabilities in the local administrations located in border zones.
- To direct and to promote policies aimed at preventing factors that attempt against the internal public order, as well as to enforce measures for their preservation, together with the Ministry of National Defense and the departmental and local authorities, as applicable to them.
- To attend the political issues and the enforcement of rights on this matter, as well as to promote citizen coexistence and participation in the social and political organization of Nation.
- To promote and support the generation of infrastructure for security and citizen coexistence in the territorial organizations.
- To administer the Fund for Security and Citizenship Coexistence (Fondo de Seguridad y Convivencia Ciudadana – FONSECON), considering the participation of the Administrative Justice and Law Sector, based on the projects undertaken and in accordance with the policies defined regarding security and coexistence by the National Government.
- To administer the Fund for Participation and Strengthening of Democracy, the Fund of Protection of Justice and the National Fund for the Fight Against People Trafficking.
To formulate and track the policy to enforce ethnic group rights, with an integral, social, and differential approach, together with the other competent State entities.
To formulate and track the policy to enforce LGBTI population rights, with an integral, social, and differential approach, together with the other competent State organizations.
- To formulate and track the policy of attention to vulnerable population for the enforcement of their rights, with an integral, social and differential approach, together with the other competent organizations of the State.
- To coordinate, together with other ministries, the legislative agenda of the National Government in the Congress and in other state entities.
- To liaise, communicate, and coordinate the Executive and Legislative branches of government.
- To coordinate with other competent authorities the design and implementation of efficient election tools and mechanisms aimed at ensuring the normal development of the election processes.
- To formulate and promote public policies related to the protection, promotion and disclosure of copyrights and related rights. Likewise, to recommend adhesion and ensure the ratification and application of the international conventions subscribed to by the Colombian State for such matter.
- To promote strategic alliances with other governments or international agencies, which facilitate and promote the achievement of the Interior Administrative Sector objectives, together with the competent state entities.